Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Great Lanyard Maker

This is my latest past-time. I have never met my grandfather before, (he died before I was born) but among his belongings that we were just recently able to go through my dad found several spools of lacing. I learned how to make lanyards at Scout Camp last year and so my Dad gave the lacing to me. Here are just a few of many that I have had fun making.









This is my MASTERPIECE.



We also found a book with lacing designs and so I am going to try them all.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I know the girls are hoping you will make each of them one in their favorite colors! :) They sure love their uncle Kendrick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work Kendrick! Isn't it fun getting to know your ancestors by seeing what they enjoyed? That was the only way that I was able to get to know the grandmother for whom I was named.

    ReplyDelete